Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is the best kind of non-slip grip to put on the bottom of your shoes so you won't slip and fall?

I just bought a pair of flat Keds for work today. They are quite comfortable until I slipped uncontrollably on wet floor and fell to the ground. It felt like I was slipping on spilled oil where I couldn%26#039;t even control my feet at all! I bought these %26quot;safety steps%26quot; from Payless for $1.59. I put them on and I couldn%26#039;t feel the difference. They look like this


http://www.amazon.com/Non-Slip-High-Shoe... .

What is the best kind of non-slip grip to put on the bottom of your shoes so you won%26#039;t slip and fall?
I%26#039;m looking for some good ones too! Someone told me to get ones from a moderately priced shoe store. But I haven%26#039;t looked yet. Maybe ask the sales ppl at the shoe store what they wear. Look for the girls with the high heels on!
Reply:You need Shoes for Crews. It%26#039;s a brand made specifically for folks working in slippery conditions (restaurants, etc.). You can get off brand ones at Wal-Mart that are pretty good, but nothing will keep you from falling like SFC. You can walk on ice in these (I%26#039;ve done this in bad weather--my hometown is prone to ice storms). You employer may have a catalog running around, or you can order them direct from their website www.shoesforcrews.com


Speaking as some one who spent four years in the restaurant industry and another changing oil, these really are the best nonslip shoes on the market.



books

No comments:

Post a Comment